The programmer Analyst I performs basic design and development functions and basic ETL and Data loading activities into our clarity and claims data warehouse. Reporting into the DBA and Data Warehouse Manager will work with other Senior members of team to perform clarity database activities and ensure loading of data into our data warehouse.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Responsible for assisting/supporting senior developers in activities related to the new development initiatives in Oracle and Informatica
· Monitoring and performing Data loading activities into the Clinical Data warehouse.
· Coordinating with vendors and the business on activities such as file transfers, data loads in the Warehouse (using ETL) and data validation.
· Contact vendor support when necessary and facilitate application development and client problem resolution.
· Perform the basic quality control activities to ensure the quality of the data.
· Provide support for maintenance and enhancement of the existing Oracle Database/Data Warehouse.
. Automate procedures at regular intervals and maintains production schedules.
· Serve as the System Administrator for Clarity (EPIC Proprietary EMR Data Warehouse model based on Oracle Database)
· Create, update, and maintain Clarity policies and procedures
· Applying the Bi monthly EPIC/Clarity updates to production and non-production environments
· Monitor and troubleshoot the daily extract process from EPIC (Medical Records systems) to the clarity database.
· Collaborating with your technical teams and Epic to ensure proactive support
· Participating in your change control process for all planned application and technical activities
· Maintaining and testing processes related to business continuity
Required Skills and Experience:
At least 1-2 years of IT experience is required.
· Good analytical, problem solving and multi-tasking skills required.
. Basic technical understanding of any analytical database platform (Oracle preferred, MS SQL server)
· Working knowledge of scheduling tools or ETL tools (Informatica) preferred.
· Knowledge & exposure to EMR like Epic; with two years’ experience in healthcare arena is highly preferred
· Strong communication and follow-up skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with attention to detail.
· Eagerness to learn the Oracle, Epic system and ETL routines.
· Working knowledge of SQL and creating and maintaining tables, Stored Procedures would be a plus.
Education: Bachelor's degree (or equivalent education, training or experience) in computer science.